Recipe courtesy of Chef John “Johnny Vee” Vollertsen of Las Cosas Cooking School
When you come to Santa Fe on our Southwestern Foodie Fiesta, Chef Johnny Vee will take you through all the tips and techniques you need to create a masterful southwestern meal. His hands-on Flavors of New Mexico cooking class is one of the most popular in the area, and will truly open your eyes to the magic of Santa Fe’s cuisine.
In the meantime, though, get a little taste of the southwest with this simply delicious recipe for Great–not just good–Guacamole!
- 2 ripe haas avocados
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 roma tomato, finely diced
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeño, minced
- 2 scallions, fine chopped white and green parts
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, stemmed and chopped
1. Halve and pit avocados. Scoop out flesh into medium bowl. Using two dinner knives cross cut avocados into small 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Add lime juice, salt, and garlic and mix slightly.
3. Fold in tomato, onion, scallions, jalapeño and cilantro.
4. Cover guacamole with plastic wrap that has been pressed right onto the surface of the avocado and refrigerate. This will keep it from browning for up to three days.
5. Enjoy with an ice cold margarita!
Ready to learn more? Click here to check out our Southwestern Foodie Fiesta, 50% off for a limited time!